Ship To Shore PhonoCo. is proud to present the latest release featuring eternal troubadour Tiny Tim, Spirits Of The Past: Lost & Found, Volume 4. This 36-track CD contains a previously unheard, hotel room concert by pop icon Tiny Tim.
On May 25, 1969, while in between shows at the Sherman House's College Inn nightclub in Chicago, Tiny Tim invited his friend and fan club president Rita McConnachie to his hotel room for a private concert. When Rita rolled her reel-to-reel tape recorder, Tiny grabbed his megaphone (to bring "back the sounds before the electrical system in an acoustic-alike way!") and ukulele and launched into a 36 song set. That day, Tiny put down on tape many songs he would not record elsewhere, happily warbling rarities from the turn-of-the-century, his favorite crooner material, and religious hymns. Spirits Of The Past showcases both Tiny Tim's versatility as a singer and seriousness as an artist.
Like a time capsule from 1969, this comprehensive package features the full, unedited private concert, which has been remastered by our audio specialists, and contains a beautiful 18-page, color booklet with Rita McConnachie's rare photos, memorabilia and personal correspondence with Tiny Tim, as well as brand-new notes from both Rita and Tiny Tim biographer Justin Martell. This release coincides auspiciously with the 50th anniversary of Tiny Tim's historic wedding on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson on December 17, 1969!
“Yet another priceless volume in The Encyclopedia Tim. It’s not for everybody nor was he. But now that I’ve heard it I can’t live without it; I’m that far gone.” - Bucks Burnett, Producer of Tiny Tim’s acclaimed album “Girl”
For more on Tiny Tim's incredible life and career, visit godblesstinytim.com.
2. School Days (Take 1)
3. School Days (Take 2)
4. I'm Tying The Leaves So They Won't Come Down
5. Two Little Baby Shoes
6. Rosy Cheeks
7. Days Of Yesterday
8. Save Your Sorrow (For Tomorrow)
9. Out Of Nowhere
10. It's A Lonesome Old Town
11. Secret Love
12. Make Believe
13. Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Take 1)
14. Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Take 2)
15. I Never Knew How Wonderful You Were (Till I Lost You Wondeful One)
16. Among My Souvenirs
17. Sonny Boy
18. Red Sails In The Sunsent
19. Love's Ship
20. Any Place Is Heaven If You Are Near Me
21. Life And Love
22. Cross My Heart, Mother (I Love You)
23. I Gave Her That
24. My Mammy
25. Tired Of Me
26. "Oh, I Forgot The Words!"
27. You're A Million Miles From Nowhere
28. When You're In Love With Someone (Who Is Not In Love With You)
29. Broken Blossoms
30. My Garden Of Yesterday
31. A Smile Will Go A Long, Long Way
32. Young At Heart
33. Our God, Our Help In Ages Past
34. My Jesus, I Love Thee
35. I'm But A Stranger Here (Heaven Is My Home)
36. Where Is My Wandering Boy Tonight?